Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is it true dat u have 2 wear a retainer 4 the rest of your life when you get your braces off or only at night?

DO YOU HAVE TO WEAR IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE OR ONLY AT NIGHT AND YOU CAN TAKE IT OUT FOR THE DAY BUT PUT IT BACK ON AT NIGHTIs it true dat u have 2 wear a retainer 4 the rest of your life when you get your braces off or only at night?
u can wear it atleast 8 hours a day to prevent relapse.....2 to 3 yrs with retainer could be enough, but u still have to consult ur orthodontist thoughIs it true dat u have 2 wear a retainer 4 the rest of your life when you get your braces off or only at night?
You don't have to wear it 24/7, however you should wear it at night, since theres no reason not to.


If you don't want to bother with taking off/putting on a retainer, ask the dentist to put on a permanent retainer. No one will see them since they are on the back of the teeth, they won't affect your speech, and you don't have to bother with losing them, etc.
Yes. Yes. Yes. Your teeth will continue to shift for the rest of your life. The retainer is your only tool to maintain the corrections made by your braces. I did not believe this to be true when I had my braces removed and I wish that I had. My teeth have shifted over the years and I may end up getting braces again. Don't waste all the time and money spent on those braces
Not every night.





I got my braces taken off 2 years ago. I wear a retainer (my clear ones, i lost the metal and clear are cheaper) at night once a week. About to shift one night every two weeks. It's going to get down to one night out of a month thats just to make sure my teeth haven't shifted.
Well I have a metal and a clear retainer. I only wore the clear one for about a month or two until I went back to the orthodontist and now I wear my metal one only at night and if I feel my teeth are shifting I wear it all through the day. But I been having my retainer for a year now.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO not at all

No comments:

Post a Comment